Sunday

Jesse...

What is heaven?
Is it that which we cannot see, and rests somewhere in the great unknown?
Paradise? Yes...I think it is...but I don't think it's something simply to be waited for and hoped for...I think pieces of it can be found right here on earth...
It's in the moments of silence in which neither of us speak because no words can describe the way we feel, and none are needed

It's in the way she smiles at me when I say her name and tell her I love her

It's in the way her eyes see my heart and soul, and look on both with boundless love and understanding

It's in the scent of lilacs and of her, walking closely to me after a long day at school the stresses of which no longer matter because I am with her, and she is with me...

It's in the way she holds me when I need a source of strength, and inspires in me the will to endure any hardship, no matter how big, and take on any challenge, no matter how fierce

It's in the way her love for me could weather any storm life could throw at it, and how she knows when she is weakest, to cling to me for love and shelter, and I to her

It's in the way her eyes betray her every emotion, but never fail to look with love, even when she is angry...

Heaven is at least partially on earth...and for me...it is in her....

No comments:

Post a Comment